Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Its 2013...time for a blog!

After assessing various blogging engines such as BlogEngine.Net, Subtext, WordPress (IIS+MS SQL Server) and weighing the features I was looking for I finally settled on a solution that I would not host myself. After realizing what I wanted my primary website, https://www.z10software.com, to achieve separating the blog away from it became obvious. Now I can develop against the site and share my various musings, gleanings if you will, here.

A sneak peek of topics to be covered in future (In ad-hoc order):

  • SQL Server FileStream and using EFS.
  • Integrating FileStream in EF5.0 utilizing WCF services.
  • Migrating from EF4.x to EF5.0.
  • Adding Cubes in SSAS using a DB other than Northwind and AdventureWorks (due to their nature they sometimes don't reflect the needs of other companies).
  • Implement a simple FTPS solution for use with SSIS.
  • Building a Lab
    • Deploying a Domain Controller
    • DHCP, DNS and a hint of AD DS.
  • More! (Hey I told you it was a sneak peek, not a road map!)

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment